Monday 25 May 2009

When my 'Jelly Cakes' arrived, I felt compelled to experiment with these precut pieces.
Jelly Cakes are 1 Layer cakes (40 - 10"square) and 1 Jelly Roll(40- 2.5" strips)





There is an element of softness when working on a baby quilt.
While making a baby quilt, I always marvel at one of the greatest miracles of all
-a perfect healthy baby!

Design by 'Carolyn' Kingston, Jamaica 2009

I experimented with the 'Jelly Rolls' 2.5" strips and had fun with the border.
It worked well!

Carlene continues to amaze us all with her grandson Jaimie's quilt:-

Applique by Carlene, Kingston, Jamaica

Please note the tractor wheel is one piece of fabric giving the illusion of the 'real'
tractor wheels.....you can almost feel the wheels turning..Well done Carlene!

Happy Quilting,


Lots of Blessings,
'Carolyn"

3 comments:

  1. I like the things you have made and show on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the things you have made and show on your blog!

    ReplyDelete