Saturday 19 March 2011

Today, March 19th, is NATIONAL  QUILTING DAY....


My project for the day...CARIBBEAN QUILTERS, KINGSTON, JAMAICA

In the quilting world we meet other quilters from all over the globe. There is such an amazing bond between us all and a genuine feeling of 'caring'. We have come together in so many ways and through different means to help one another. 'A block' is all it takes...a simple  'Block'  that speaks volumes from the Heart.

Thank you Helosia for your wonderful comment.

"Cute blog! The world of patchwork makes us travel to each point we take in our work. Your blog made ​​me travel as a needle and thread in the fabric. Thanks for sharing. A big hug from southern Brazil, Heloisa"

Speaking of 'Blocks'....my goal has been to introduce the 'Wonderful World  of Quilting' to persons in the Caribbean. I have begun with my island. Jamaica. Tremendous encouragement came from Lisa, http://www.onceuponaquilt.com/, where I bought my Bernina - Thanks Lisa.


Time Ticking Away. KINGSTON, JAMAICA

At the moment, I have an amazing group learning to Quilt - when one strokes their fabric - I know the passion for Quilting will only continue to grow!
As time continues to tick away on National Quilting Day
I would like to wish you all a Happy Quilting Day.

Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world! - Joel Arthur Barker

No comments:

Post a Comment