MODERN QUILTING I am an avid 'BlogLand' reader! The Quilting World is amazing, it's so interesting how quilting has evolved and continues to find new heights! I am a traditionalist, I love antiques, I love the 'ole feeling of warmth, of history, of a story. I also love the simplicity of the past - the minimal embellishment of the Modern World I have been drawn lately to Modern Quilting, but.. what is Modern Quilting? Although late in the BOM(Block of tthe Month), I have ventured over to 'Sew Mama Sew' to do the "Modern Block of the Month" which ended in June..lol.. Thus far, I have done 4 blocks which I will feature tomorrow. http://www.sewmamasew.com/blog2/july2011/ModernBOM.jpg. Thus far it has been fun.... Do hope you visit 'Sew Mama Sew'..I am enjoying the journey! ENJOY! "CAROLYN"
Where Quilter's Create April warms the hearts of 16 ex-soldiers from ‘ Curphey Home’ in Mandeville , Jamaica last Christmas (2008). She made 16 ‘ Bandana Quilts’ Finding space to do her machine quilting was quite simple! Here is April, having removed a 'leaf' from her dinning table, she placed her chair in the middle, and quilted away with joy in her heart. Thank you April for sharing your tip and photo. Lets share our tips! Happy Quilting, 'Carolyn'
Where have I been? Enjoying my grandson, Jacob Alexander, born August 31st 2011 Jacob Alexander, Kingston, Jamaica In Jamaica we have an ole' expression..... "Every Jon Crow think 'dem pickney white!" We grandparents think our grandchild is the most beautiful of them all....... The Nuttall Hospital, Kingston, JAMAICA The Hospital with its old charm..... With a name like Jacob...you know the pattern of my next Quilt.... 'Jacob's Ladder' Enjoy Life...Enjoy Quilting...Enjoy the pieces of life being woven together as one! 'Carolyn'
Comments
Post a Comment